The Quietest Rebel

A woman constantly thinking about sustainable industry, politics, music, biology, movies, industrial design, AIDS/HIV orphans in Uganda, ousting the current administration, loving the little children, civil liberties and local agriculture. Also obsessed with the evil that results from carelessly spread cases of naturalistic fallacy (see Hubert Spencer).

Friday, October 15, 2004

List of Demands

The Olsen's on 19th Street in Dupont Circle (Washington, DC for all ya'll fools that don't know) is the absolute best place to buy CD's. They've got an entire wall of CD's (old & new) with detailed staff reviews. I find some of my favorite albums, find a staffer who feels the same way I do about them and then look for that staffer's other reviews. Besides, Olsen's ain't corporate swine and that's always nice.

Radiohead - OK Computer (I've actually been meaning to buy this for years but just kept forgetting)
The Best of Earth, Wind and Fire (My stepdad sold a Jeep Wagoneer to Philip Bailey)
A.C. Newman - the slow wonder (It hasn't made it to the top of my 5 disc changer so I can't comment yet)
Red House Painters - Old Ramon (Songs for a Blue Guitar wore a hole on my CD player and Sun Kil Moon is fucking ripe as hell but their self titled disappointed. I'm hoping for more love with Old Ramon)
Saul Williams - Self Titled (had never heard of this poet til I tried it at the listening station. The entire album hasn't had a chance to grow on me yet but there are a couple of militant numbers that spoke to the angry young black woman in me)

Yeah, yeah, 19 days before the MASSIVE presidential election is not the time to invest in new CDs and frivilously hole yourself up in your apartment to listen. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home